AHA Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED
Our aviation-specific training will help prepare pilots and flight attendants to become more confident responders, able to recognize the need for, and proper administration of basic first aid and CPR, even aboard an aircraft; handy when you are 2 hours away from medical help! Classes are taught by aviation professionals and are based on the latest national standards, OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens standard 1919.1030, DOT and American Heart Association protocols.
The course is geared to the flight environment, emphasizing the constraints of administering first aid on board business aircraft. The course includes the medical application and use of an on-board AED, emergency first aid equipment and oxygen systems. During CAPS’ training, students spend nearly an hour aboard our in-house Gulfstream II cabin to learn the specific challenges of corporate aviation.
This course contains vital information on saving adults, children and infants through First Aid and CPR, utilizing multiple training aids, practical application segments and completion thorough a test of accreditation. You will find this course engaging and relevant, even outside of the aviation realm.
The cost for the training is $195, which includes a delicious catered lunch (a $40 value!) and a 2 year AHA Certification card.
To schedule this course, please contact us directly at (818) 997-0512.
Cancellation & No-Show Policy
- Contract/ credit card customers must submit payment at least 72 hours before the class.
- Students may reschedule or cancel reservations, without penalty, only if notice is given at least 24 hours before the scheduled training.
- Students who reschedule by 12:00pm the day prior to class may apply 50% of the class cost to future a class date.
- Students who reschedule cancel after 12:00pm the day prior to the class and no call/no shows will not receive a refund.
Please call CAPS Aviation 818-997-0512 or email email@example.com if you need to reschedule in order to prevent any cancellation fees.
COVID-19 & Cancellation Policy
- Students who are experiencing the following symptoms will not be permitted to take the course (Fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, sneezing, etc. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf).
- All students will be required to have their temperature checked before entering the facility. If temperature is over 99.5 degrees, students will not be allowed access to the facility. If temperature restricts you from taking the course you may reschedule.
- Students must wear a mask covering the nose and mouth throughout the entirety of the course. Masks may be removed while eating and drinking.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be required.
- Students who refuse to have their temperature checked and/or refuse to comply with these guidelines will not be permitted to take the course.
- If students need any reasonable accommodations, it is their responsibility to inform CAPS Aviation seven (7) business days prior to the course.
7641 Densmore Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406-2043
FAA REPAIR STATION OOCR964K / EASA 145.6318