During the COVID-19 pandemic, our repair station, part sales and tool calibration will remain open.
To Whom It May Concern,
During this pandemic, it has been of the utmost importance to take appropriate measures to protect our employees and customers. We strive to be proactive in how we deal with any risk, so we have set the following procedures in place.
CAPS Aviation COVID 19 Emergency Shutdown Procedures:
- Send a letter to employees explaining what to do next. This includes:
- An explanation of what has happened.
- The assumption that we have all had contact with the employee who tested positive.
- A requirement for all employees to be tested and receive a negative result or be in accordance with the CDCs infectious and quarantine practices in order to return to work.
- A requirement for a PCR test; a rapid test will not be accepted.
- Information including: testing sites, reimbursement for any COVID 19 testing expenses, and instructions on submitting positive or negative results to HR.
- Meet with all employees to explain letter and answer questions
- Meet with department managers to go over any pending work
- Send all non-management employees home
- Disinfect building by having department managers use undiluted isopropyl alcohol spray (This includes all handles, surfaces, restrooms, kitchens, computers, keyboards, phones, printers, customer equipment, hand tools, cups, dishes, silverware, and delivery vehicle)
- Contact customers whose equipment delivery times will be affected.
Since the beginning of this pandemic, CAPS Aviation has been prudent with all safety measures and precautions. We have taken all necessary steps to not only protect our employees, but also to prevent any spread throughout our workforce. Below is a list of the procedures we have had in place since March 2020:
- All employees must wear a mask at all times (except while eating or drinking)
- All employees must wash hands at beginning of shift, before and after each break time, after each restroom use, after touching their face or face covering, and again at the end of a shift
- All incoming and outgoing equipment must be sanitized with undiluted isopropyl alcohol spray
- All employees are to practice Social Distancing in accordance with the CDC guidelines
- CAPS Aviation will implement a daily cleaning and sanitizing regimen of the facility with undiluted isopropyl alcohol spray
- Non-CAPS Employees will not be permitted in the building without the direct authorization of management
- Hand Sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility
- Our onsite 135.331 Emergency Crew Member Training classes will take place outside of normal business hours
- Employees will not have direct contact with customers’ dropping off or picking up equipment in house without proper social distancing. This includes will-calls and drop offs as well
The safety of our staff and customers is, and will always be, our main priority. We will keep you informed via email and phone as updates become available. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to getting back to work soon.
President and CEO
7641 Densmore Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406-2043
FAA REPAIR STATION OOCR964K / EASA 145.6318